Always Smiling

Always Smiling
No matter what she has endured this smile never left her face

Thursday, February 11, 2010

A New Day

This past week was much like a roller coaster ride... on my birthday (feb 8) I received a phone call from University of Chicago asking if I would like to join a medical team deploying for Haiti on Thursday Feb 11th. I quickly responded yes and began packing that day. I was very excited however, I knew that my trip would not be in the same location as I was last time- and there could be a small chance I wouldn't be able to see Yveline. I prepared my heart for that disappointment however the Lord comforted my heart and I knew if it were ment to be I would see her and her family! Tuesday was all about rushing around getting my needed vaccines and finishing up last minute shopping.

-Later Tuesday afternoon I received a phone call from UofC global outreaching telling me my paperwork was unable to be processed in time for departure. I was crushed!! I had already asked my friend to contact Yveline and her family about my return and I had prepared my heart for this new task. I felt angry, frustrated and very disappointed that I will not be deployed. I immediately emailed my friend in Haiti asking her to tell Yveline that I won't be coming, informed school and work about the changes and began working on comforting my own heart. I knew the Lord would comfort me and would protect me- so I could not argue that was would not be leaving.

The Lord is in complete control over my life and I know His plan is perfect!!! When it is His time I will be on the first plane back to Haiti. Until then I will continue to pray for His will in my life, along with His protection over Haiti. I will also continue to do His work here in Chicago waiting for my departure date.....

1 comment:

  1. Pertandingan Olahraga masih didominasi oleh sepakbola, itu sebabnya masih banyak yang bertaruh tanpa mengetahui cara prediksi skor akurat. Sehingga bukan kemenangan yang didapat justru sebaliknya. Harapan yang besar tidak dapat digapai karena kurangnya (Baca Selengkapnya Disini...)

    ReplyDelete