Always Smiling

Always Smiling
No matter what she has endured this smile never left her face

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Potential Return

Yesterday I received an email from Heather G. from CURE International telling me that CURE is sending another medical team back to Haiti March 14th and we were in their minds for this return. I immediately spoke with my friend Anne Marie, who also traveled with me on my first trip, and decided that CURE International is the team we both feel represents ourselves and our faith best. We plan to talk over details about the return today and hope to get the logistical matters figured in order to get us back! I plan to wait to tell Yveline and her family about my potential return just to be sure I don't keep telling her I am coming back then not actually going. I am so excited for this potential return- I feel like it comes at a great time... School will be done, work (hopefully can be figured out) and my friends and family know my heart is stuck in the destruction in Haiti. I had another dream last night about Haiti- I often dream about Haiti and what my return life will be like there. Last nights dream was more anxious than before.. I had forgotten my scrubs and all my cloths, forgot my personal supplies (shampoo, body wash, eye care, face wash etc). When I finally opened my luggage I noticed in my bag it was only filled with toys, little kid cloths and medical supplies and my bible. When I woke up I began thinking about the significance of that dreams and as I sit in my living room writing this blog- I realize that its because I know in my heart I don't "need" anything. The things I bring such as the items for the kids, medical supplies that will help to serve the affected and ill patients, and my bible is everything that will allow me to serve graciously while keeping the Lord at the forefront of my mission. The Lord will give me everything I need in my life. It is exciting to know I could survive in Haiti with only my bible in my bag if my dream were true!!

Anne Marie and I plan to hold a fundraiser for Haiti hoping to raise enough money in order to bring needed supplies, toys, cloths, shoes, soap.. basic needs to the kids in Haiti. At this point we don't have a location however we are talking with different locations hoping that one will volunteer to hold our fundraiser on March 6th, 2010. Please keep this in your prayers as we work to raise money and our return to our families in Haiti.

As far as an up date on Yveline.. She and her family are very difficult to get a hold of! I've tried endlessly everyday without actually connecting on the phone! It is hard for me to not talk with one of them reassuring me that Yveline is ok and happy.. My wonderful friends in Haiti still have tried their attempts at calling.. all with unsuccessful connections as well. I will up date her site as soon as I hear she is well!

Please keep your prayers heading toward Haiti and all the relief members helping assist the Haitians. My friend Dr. Eric Troyer has volunteered his time as a second mission down in Haiti for 3 months... he told me 2 days ago that during a sermon he prepared 2 people accepted Christ. After hearing this news I felt so excited that the Lord is so present in the hearts of those who are serving in Haiti. Please keep praying more and more people will find their salvation and accept Christ in their lives!! Thanks for reading and have a wonderful day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment