Always Smiling

Always Smiling
No matter what she has endured this smile never left her face

Monday, February 1, 2010

Update on Yveline

I returned home from Haiti on Thursday night- since that night my heart aches knowing I left so much that still needed to be done. I have reconnected with many of the people I met while in Haiti and we continue to be each others crutch as we learn now to walk in our once "normal" way of life. Haiti has changed me forever! Forever in the sense that I look at my life differently knowing that I can utilize my skills away from my comfort of work- I can give my talents and gifts to people and nations who have nothing. As I began performing my normal activities my heart continues to yearn for Haiti and my special little angel. On Sunday morning my cell phone range to a very familiar voice saying, "Bonjour Tiffany". I immediately knew that voice was from Haiti and specifically Yveline's uncle Thony. He updated me on Yveline and her condition and without hesitation asked when I would be returning. For all who are curious Yveline's condition is improving- she can now wiggle her fingers on her right hand- the swelling in her eye is also improving. Praise God!!
-Thony knows my heart remains in Haiti with everyone who was affected as well as the relief members serving them. I told him I would be returning in March 2010 God willing. He said, "Yveline misses you very much and will be so happy when I tell her I've talked to you!" I asked him to give her a big hug and kiss from Chicago and said we would talk soon. After his phone call Kraig (my boyfriend) and I went to the 9am service at Park Community Church to learn about God and how it is to truly love. First John was being studied- ironically the sermon served me more than just learning how wonderful our God is.. it gave me the reason why the Lord sent me to Haiti. Haiti is experiencing a time of great need and love- the Lord sent me to Haiti to love them unconditionally and provide the kind of grace the Lord provides me unquestionably everyday I walk this earth. My heart is set assured that my endeavors in Haiti are not finished. I am looking forward to the day I return to Haiti to reconnect with the people who showed me how to love unconditionally.
God Bless You!!
Tiffany

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful story, Tiff - of a beautiful experience, a beautiful love and a beautiful God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pertandingan Olahraga masih didominasi oleh sepakbola, itu sebabnya masih banyak yang bertaruh tanpa mengetahui cara prediksi skor akurat. Sehingga bukan kemenangan yang didapat justru sebaliknya. Harapan yang besar tidak dapat digapai karena kurangnya (Baca Selengkapnya Disini...)

    ReplyDelete